Sunday, April 15, 2012

Turning 30 equals Trip to New York City!

So back in March, I hit the ripe old age of 30. It is a huge milestone, but just surprises me how fast 30 years have gone. I am not a huge fan of cake, so my mom made me an apple pie.....it was delicious.



My husband decided to surprise me with a trip to New York City and to see Wicked, which I have been absolutely DYING to see! Michael organized the whole thing - contacted my boss for a day off, flight, show, and babysitter. He spoke with my mom, and she got to spend 3 days with our little man. This was the first time I ever left him, but knew he was in good hands.

We flew out on Saturday, taxied to the hotel, and got ready for the show. Here I am outside the Gershwin Theater before the show.


We got to our seats and I was so excited, and you can see Michael couldn't contain his excitement either.



The show was more amazing than I thought......if you haven't seen Wicked, I highly recommend it!

On Sunday, we decided to be tourists. My parents got me an awesome DSLR camera for my birthday, so where better to try it out then on our trip! We went to Times Square, Central Park, FAO Schwartz (picked up a few things for the little guy), did the 30 Rock Tour of NBC Studios, and of course ate our way through the city. Below are a few pictures of the highlights....


Central Park!


Awe

If only Conan were still here...

That is me under the middle American flag :)


We sat in Bryant Park and had a treat from Magnolia Bakery.

Sunday night we went to an amazing French Restaurant called Balthazar - my in-laws birthday present for me was to go to any restaurant we wanted, such a great idea! Anyways, we got to try foie gras, chicken liver, duck confit and pork belly - absolutely delicious.

On Monday, we did the other half of the city - 911 Memorial, Statue of Liberty, Chinatown, Little Italy and the Highline (an elevated railroad track has been converted into a walkway/garden with a great view of the city)

On the Highline

We thought the water towers were so cool looking



One of the new twin towers

We had a great time - quick trip with a ton of walking, but lots of fun and packed in as much as we could. Plus we got two FULL night's sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment