Thursday, November 3, 2011

Reflections on Pregnancy - Week 40

In HOPEFULLY, my last day(s) of pregnancy, I felt like I should reflect back on the past 10 months (yes, it really is 10 months, not 9)

My last "bump" photo - 40 weeks today!

So some people say they love being pregnant, which is great for them.
I am probably not one of those people, although, I have to say, it has not been as bad as I thought.

The first months go by pretty quick to be honest - also, since you don't find out you are really pregnant from the doctor until 8 weeks (I didn't believe it until then), you have already hit your second trimester in no time. The bad part during the first trimester is you are ALWAYS tired - I could seriously sleep in, take a nap, and then go to bed by 9pm and would still feel tired the next day, but don't worry, it gets better! One small piece of advice, when you are taking pre-natal vitamins, make sure you take them with food or you could mistake it for morning sickness as I did.

Second trimester is great - you start feeling back to your normal self - even if there is a small human growing inside you. You get to feel the first movements, kicks, hiccups AND this is also when you get to find out the sex! My second trimester FLEW by! The bad part is you are just in the middle - the end is getting closer, but just not close enough!

Third trimester is ALL ABOUT THE BABY! I just felt like everything we did had something to do with getting things ready for the little guy - from the nursery to shopping to planning ahead. Plus, if you know me at all, you know I like to be organized and prepared, so of course, I drag Michael to Childbirth Class, Baby CPR, Pre-Registration at the Hospital, and Daddy Boot Camp - but he was great, and didn't complain once. We learned a good amount of information, but honestly, you don't know what the hell is going to happen when everything begins. I just hope it goes smoothly.

The last couple weeks pretty much suck - getting even bigger and even more uncomfortable is not fun, but I think the worst part is the anticipation. You can't really plan to do anything because who knows when he will decide to come out. Plus the doctors aren't mother nature, and have no idea when the baby will come - they can just check to make sure everything "looks good".

My pregnancy experience has been positive and I know that it will all be worth it once I see our little man's face! Pretty pretty please, come out soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment