Thursday, June 23, 2011

A Little Over Halfway There...21 Weeks

So we have hit the mark...we are a little over halfway through the pregnancy until we meet our little guy.



So here is my belly (and Ruby wanted to join the pic too) - not really sure if it counts yet, just kind of looks like I had a huge meal and a few beers, but Nordly is growing.

Honestly, pregnancy hasn't been too bad - let's see what I am saying in 10 more weeks when the uncomfortableness comes into play.

The pregnancy "do's" are pretty easy for me
Get lots of rest
* I love to sleep, so not a problem
Take your vitamins
* I ended up having to buy gummy vitamins because the other ones were like horse pills, but they are actually quite tasty and the doc says they work as well!
Exercise
* I am still doing my pregnancy miles....for those of you that don't know, I told myself that everyday I was pregnant, I had to walk one mile, which totals to about 220 miles from the day the doc confirmed that I was actually a preggo. Yes, the organizer inside me has an excel sheet set-up to record all my miles and I wear a pedometer on each walk. I think Ruby enjoys this more than anyone, and Michael definitely likes to enforce it.
* We have also been trying to go to Yoga every other week - not the easiest thing because I don't have great balance to begin with, but challenging for sure)
Eat your fruits/veggies
* I have been craving fruit and salad, so this is covered

The part of pregnancy that is a little tough is the "don'ts"
Don't play sports, such as skiing, kickball, softball, etc.
* If you know me at all, I hate sitting on the sideline
No hiking above 8,500 feet
* We live in the mile high city, and enjoy going up the mountains, but due to the lack of oxygen the higher you go, little Nordly gets less oxygen which doesn't help him grow - this one is tough
No soft cheese
* I find this one a bit odd, but it just seems like recently when we go somewhere, there is a soft cheese on what I want to get - guess it will have to wait 4 1/2 more months
No alcohol
* It is what it is, but man, it would be nice just to have a cold drink on a hot summer day. I have already requested champagne for when Nordly arrives

Most people say the second trimester is the most "enjoyable" - not really sure what that means, but I know I am feeling great yet already starting to get antsy.
We aren't ready for a baby at all, but am already hoping it was November so we could meet him.
I guess God gave us 9 months so we learn patience before becoming parents.

1 comment:

  1. Nordly is a tiny little dude! What a cute picture :) good luck with the don'ts- hopefully November will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete