Wednesday, June 29, 2011

And now for the Halftime Entertainment

As the party responsible for half of the genes in this little "bundle of joy", I figured that I should add my two cents at some stage.

First and foremost, I'm incredibly excited about adding another male to the family and evening out the genders - sometimes Jenna and Ruby take sides against me and it can be pretty tough.

I'm looking forward to weaning junior on Vegemite and pushing Jenna to the point of dry-heaving every time our son is crying and can only be sated by the salty awesomeness of yeast extract.

Now that he has developed ears, I have been working away at an "In Utero" play list. I'm trying to keep things pretty mellow as I'm sure that the whole gestation/birth process is traumatic enough. Thusly, I will be steering away from Nirvana's In Utero album despite the obvious connection (by my basic calculations, Scared baby = more likely to end up at Hot Topic as a teen, and that is the last thing that we want) The track listing is yet to be finalized, but rest assured that it will lean more towards The Flaming Lips or The Beatles than the timeless work of Ms. Gaga.

Other than that, things that I'm looking forward to, in no particular order are:

- Ski lesson #1 (I'm guessing less-than 6 months is probably a little too young, so it may have to wait until the 2012-2013 season. You never know though...)
- The inevitable flood of Florida Gator merchandise - within our household they will now be referred to as the "Florida Crocodiles" for obvious reasons. RIP Steve Irwin.
- Getting drunk Jenna back
- The US/Australian diplomatic tug-of-war over the undeniable sporting talents of Junior Tully.
- General imprinting of my rash and often completely unfounded opinions on all facets of life.
- Grandparents that are all too happy to babysit

Things that I'm not looking forward to:

- My 31st birthday. If the doctor's predictions are correct, this "milestone birthday" may be completely overshadowed :)
- Having my light-sleeping tendencies exploited by a mother that hibernates nightly

Other than that I can't tell you how excited I am. Half way there.
MJT

No comments:

Post a Comment