Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Nicknames Have Begun…..

So Michael and I have a bad habit of just randomly picking up things we see or hear and calling each other by that. And now, it is no different with a baby on the way.

The first thing I thought of when I saw the ultrasound was a lima bean. But I have heard “bean” a thousand times, and if you know me at all, you know I like to be a little bit different. So after the appointment and a bit of thinking, we came up with “Lil’ Nugget”. I thought it was cute, and nugget is a fun word to say!

So we have a nickname! At least that is what I thought……..

On our trip to Florida, Michael and I started to discuss names. We have decided not to seriously talk about names until we know the sex because that will be a LONG discussion, so we pick out the worst names we have ever heard and put it with “Tully” to see how it sounds. Anyways, we were sitting behind a group of middle schoolers who had shirts on with their names on it. As we were reading their names, Michael got a big smile on his face…..TA DA….he had found the name of our child “Nordly”.

I mean, who would seriously name their child “Nordly”? The poor kid is destined to be made fun of! Well my family heard Michael calling our child Nordly, and decided to join in on the fun.

Anyways, so my cute nickname of “Lil’ Nugget” has now been taken over.

Everyone, please meet Nordly.

No comments:

Post a Comment