Thursday, October 6, 2011

2 Milestones in ONE Day

Well......today we have reached two milestones in our lives.

#1 - 4 years of Marriage!
October 6, 2007 was one of the best days of my life - I got to marry the love of my life - someone who understands me, challenges me and makes me want to be a better person. All our friends and family were there to celebrate this exciting occasion, and I could not have imagined a better day. I look back and would not have changed a thing - well maybe I would have put the ring on the correct finger, but it is also something I will never forget.

(Michael had already switched the ring in this pic)

Big things that have happened in the 4 years of marriage:
  • We got our first apartment together in Tampa
  • We got Michael's Temporary Green Card
  • We moved back to Colorado (where we have always wanted to be)
  • We got Michael's Permanent Green Card
  • We have flown across the Globe 3 times
  • We have taken great trips to Costa Rica, Alaska, California, Nevada, Utah, Washington, Georgia, and plenty of times to Florida
  • We got a puppy, Ruby
  • We got pregnant and will soon be parents
There are definitely TONS of details I could include, but life seems to just be moving along at a quick pace. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful partner to experience it with - I love you Michael James Tully!

#2 - 36 weeks along!
Our little man is almost here! He will be fully cooked next week (37 weeks) and could come anytime.

We have been trying to be as well prepared as possible, but you just never know when it is going to happen - oh the anticipation is going to kill me! We recently just finished our Childbirth Class which definitely opened our eyes a bit that this is definitely going to happen and sooner rather than later.
Funny side story - so last night I went to a Breastfeeding Class. It said when you signed up that partners are optional - me thinking that Michael can't breastfeed, what was the point of him coming, right? Well, I arrive and there are 13 couples and me.....all of the partners attended.....whoops! And to make matters a bit more awkward, I had taken off my wedding rings because they are getting a little tight and uncomfortable. So there I was - all by myself, 36 weeks pregnant, and no wedding rings.....what a sight! So my advice is - if you sign up for a class that has partners optional, bring them along :)

Belly pic at 36 weeks - still on the smaller side, but I feel pretty cramped at times.....

We have an ultrasound next Tuesday, so for those of you who don't get creeped out by the inside the belly pics, we will post what we get and any additional updates that might come along.
Let the day countdown begin........28 days.....

No comments:

Post a Comment